Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Limited Options

Most of the lower priced land I've been looking at comes with HOA regulations that restricts RVs and Campers. Ugh. I'm having troubles finding anything within the north western US that is within my budget. There are some options if I go coastal, but that's far away from family. So I'm going to start looking at south western areas. The traveling convenience is the same, but insanely hot in the summertime. I probably wouldn't stay at a south western lot year round. This means if I get any animals they will either have to travel with me or be scheduled for butchering at the end of every year.

I'll look into more land options tomorrow. But for now, a quick tour of the new van!
Sarah loves it.

There are a couple spots of wear damage, but they are easy to fix. The biggest one is a tear in the front seat. I can replace it with one of the middle seats, no problem. Especially since I won't be using them anyway!

Removing the middle seats will make room for storage. It's a good spot since it's next to the fuse box, so hopefully setting up electrical for appliances won't be too difficult. *crosses fingers*
Sarah thinks she owns the place.

Her new favorite spot. She likes to act as a watchdog here at night.
The van is very spacious, and already watertight, so I'm adverse to making too many modifications to it. I love it as is and it's already road ready.
In unrelated news, my main laptop died. I'm trying to fix it quickly since I was in the middle of an art commission. Replacing it would cost around $1,000, which is a number that I didn't have in my current budget. I'm hoping that looking for land in cheaper areas might give me some wiggle room to get a new one and to get some other amenities like a fridge, microwave, and solar panels. It would be good to have those at the beginning of the journey instead of saving up as I go.

I always figure it out. *hugs* Love you!!
-Tes

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I hope this message finds you. I need to figure out why Google think I'm Frank. Love T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very sturdy and ready to roll! :)

    ReplyDelete